Today, I began training for my half-marathon in April. I am certain, down to my bones, that Hyde Elementary was built halfway up a mountain. My route today began with a ridiculous hill and ended with an even more ridiculous hill. Still, I ran it under a 10 minute pace, so I'll take that. Mondays are my track days, meaning that after my 3 to 4 mile run, I go to the track at Benton and run whatever interval is assigned for that day. Today, it was 4x100. I would sprint the straights at a 7:30 pace division and jog the curves for two full laps. So, there you go. Day one. I'm also a full week into my ab workout, and I'm liking it. It's hurting like a [insert friendly word here], but I know that that's a good thing. I'm at 13,000ish steps for the day already, and I've got 780 calories left. Basically, I was the boss of today.
If I had anything insightful to say about music or God or what not, I would do it here.
But I don't, really.
I haven't heard back from any of the applications, other than that one is already filled and that St. Joseph moves at a disgustingly slow pace so I'm being told not to get my panties in a pinch. I am surrounded by procrastinators and slobs. Wait, no, that's a lie. I'm living with very meticulous people.
Keith and I had a bit of a chat. I didn't instigate it, I promise. I'm not going to relay it, but I'm becoming more alright with the fact that the plans that he and I had made have changed a bit. And that maybe I'll get an autumn wedding after all. =) Silver linings, silver linings.

0 comments to PIE!!