Le Cleanse

Posted by Kat On Friday, June 17, 2011 0 comments
This was meant to be a daily blog! Gosh dang it, I suck at this.

*deep breath* Okay, here we go. There's no day like the present to hit the ground running again. I know that it's not like I'm mandated to write every day, but I want to. When I was growing up, I had a diary. It was so lame, really, but I enjoyed it. And I have a journal of sorts now, but it's more of a study tool for my faith than a personal writing venue. That's what I want this to be, and I've *gasthp* failed. So here's the deal. After I get done working out at Curves every day, this will be the next thing that I do. Somedays, it'll be really boring and short and choppy. And other days... well... doesn't everyone have more of those philosophical days, when something really digs into your mind? Yeah. So some days will be more like that. But I have to write. As close to every day as possible. It'll be good for me.

My dilemma today is...

...do I give up Batman as my favorite superhero EVER?

I previewed "The Green Lantern" last night, and ooooooooooh my gooooooossssh. I mean, yes, the actor was attractive, but it's the whole concept. The force of goodness is willpower, and anything that he imagines can come into existence if he has a strong enough will for it to do so, and the enemy of this willpower is fear, because fears undermines the strength of a will to do something. Doesn't that parallel life EXACTLY? And imagination! It's like the superhero that Barney would be if he were a superhero and not a dinosaur! Why did nobody tell me who this superhero was before?!

But... I grew up on Batman... I was practically weaned on Batman... and it's not that Batman isn't awesome, because he is... but he doesn't really have a power. He's a ninja who channels his emotional baggage to help save people. Something about the fact that he has no power makes him more awesome in my mind, because he uses his resources (money and ninja-ness) to do good, which any person is capable of doing.

If I had to admit it... Green Lantern is much better. I just have this emotional tie to Batman. If I break that tie and throw my lot in with Green Lantern, does that mean that I'm ditching Batman? Am I allowed to still argue his cause in the big Batman/Superman/Spiderman debate? Because honestly, nobody argues about Green Lantern. Nobody knows about him. It's always those three. If I had to pick out of those three, I'd pick Batman every time. But if I had to choose out of every superhero in existence, can I choose Green Lantern without Batman coming and killing me?

I... just... don't know...

0 comments to Le Cleanse

Post a Comment