This rain needs to come, and it needs to come fast, and it needs to come in such a way that it leaves nothing but a week of moderate temperatures with none of the humidity by-product. I vowed to myself not to turn on the a/c until June. I'm paying 3/4s of every utility bill and that'll add up, so I refuse to turn it on. Today, however, is currently peaked at 97 degrees, and yesterday was a just a few degrees cooler. I couldn't sleep last night no matter what I did, so naturally, I needed a nap today. Guess what? It's still bloody hot! At least it's not muggy yet; I'll give it that.
I was actually looking forward to working at Subway today because that place has a/c. There was also part of me that was anxious about working today because I would be working with a girl who has already been extremely rude to me, and I've only been back four days. I decided before I went to my shift that I would hold my tongue, that I would be kind and gracious. Jesus told us to love our enemies and pray not only despite but because of any mockery. And although my temper was short during the lunch rush, by the time everything calmed down, we actually had a decent conversation. I just know that something wonderful is going to come out of working there this summer. Although I'm super close to a confrontation about my manager's apparent inability to put up schedules in any sort of timely manner.
 |
| FRUSTRATION!!! |
This is my first week of summer where I'm trying to fit working out, practicing, a class, Jesus time, and a job together. This would be an easier task if two of those five things didn't require a shower afterwards, if one of them became consistently scheduled, and if another two of those things didn't have set times when they are available. Ugh. BUT - I will become a better steward of my time. I cannot waste my time, and I'll glorify God in everything I do, even if I'm not sure how I'm going to do it all.
0 comments to Schedules One... Day... At... A... Time...