Thoroughly And Exquisitely

Posted by Kat On Sunday, May 8, 2011 0 comments
Yesterday was my first day back at Subway for the summer. I wasn't excited for this job. I wanted to work at the Hollingsworth Peony Nursery, or Orschelns, or Plant House, or the Hy-Vee garden center, or ANYTHING that would either get me dirty, get me outside, get me around farm stuff, or any combination of the three. Things fell through, and I'm back at Subway. That being said, I was attacked with a hug by Emily, the manager I worked the morning with, and loved catching up with her over bread and dishes. "There's going to be pictures drawn all over the boxes again!" And then Megan came in before I left and she kept saying that she missed me, she missed me before I even quit last summer, and she wants us to start having our talks as soon as possible. I even made two new friends with a new coworker who is super sweet despite her tough life and the older lady who usually opens and so I never got a chance to meet her last summer. Most of the job came back to me, which was reassuring. I just need to get my speed back up to... well... speed. I realized though, thinking back on it later, that maybe there's a reason I'm back at Subway. Maybe I wasn't done with those relationships yet. Maybe there is considerably more building to do. Maybe... and I'm praying for this... something wonderful is going to happen. Even if I never get dirty or never get a tan, and get back to the point that the smell of Subway bread makes me sick, it'll be worth it if there becomes a point for me being back.

Look at that smile!
It's Mother's Day, and what kind of wannabe (whoa - "wannabe" is a word, but "drumline" always gets marked? what?!) blogger would I be if I didn't spend a paragraph or two about her? Mom and I have not always gotten along, and I'm not sure if we'll ever have that "best friend" type of friendship that some mother-daughter pairs have, but that's okay because we're us. She put soft curlers in my hair on Saturday nights and let me play with her make-up while she did hers on Sunday morning, and there I learned that she was beautiful. She poured herself into taking care of her father later in his life and talks to her mother every day, and there I learned that she was loyal. She married my father, a farmer who sometimes leaves before the sun and returns well after it's set, and there I learned that she was patient. She taught me the Bible, how to garden, play piano, knit, and much more, and there I learned that she was interested. She asked me the question that ultimately led to me ending an unhealthy relationship, and there I learned that she was concerned. She let me go off on my own, live by own, choose my own church, join whatever groups I wanted to join, and there I learned that she trusted. She can talk for hours about cards and quilting and people that I've never heard of, and there I learned that she is passionate. I look to Mom for support, for a friend, for answers, for inspiration. I absolutely love her.

Finally, to switch gears completely for a few sentences before I get ready for work... I love Keith. Keith loves me. I know these as sure as I know that the sun is shining and I don't like carbonation. But there will be times when Keith won't know how to love me and he'll mess up. There will be times when I won't know how I'm supposed to encourage and support him and I'll mess up. We love eachother, but we're human. We have room to grow, we'll always have room to grow, and that's a good thing because if we stop growing together, then what's the point? Through any tears and hurt that has happened and will happen because we're still growing, it all boils down to us both being loving and being loved by God. God knows my heart thoroughly and He loves me exquisitely. He is all of the love that I need and His love is perfect, tailored just for me and the woman that I am. So even when Keith or I mess up in loving eachother, it's okay. We love God, and God has more than enough love for us. We'll grow and we'll keep on following our Lover.

0 comments to Thoroughly And Exquisitely

Post a Comment