In which I'm still unemployed.

Posted by Kat Famuliner On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 0 comments
People prayed.
The candidate screening and first interview went well.
People prayed some more.
I got asked to do a second interview.
People prayed.
The second interview was absolutely fantastic.
People prayed.
I waited for the call.
People kept praying.
I got the call and didn't get the job.

I thought I'd be really upset, but she was incredibly encouraging during the call. Of the eighty original applicants, I was the second choice due to my lack of experience compared to the person who got the job. All things considered, I put up a pretty good fight for my first job hunt. 

I'm not sad or frustrated or angry. There are more jobs to apply for and it's only the first week of March. Jobs will continually be posted, even jobs in St. Joseph. 

What hurts is this - I feel like I've disappointed people.

The truth that I have to hold on to in all of this is that I was seeking God. Other people were seeking God. Obviously, then, this is not where God wants me for the next year. What use is it to be discouraged, then? I should be thankful that God is leading my life, and if Smithville seemed like such a perfect first job, then God must have something better for me somewhere.

I just have to keep looking and praying. 

0 comments to In which I'm still unemployed.

Post a Comment