What the Facebook timeline has achieved.

Posted by Kat Famuliner On Friday, December 23, 2011 0 comments
Christmas break is a pretty laidback affair for me. Today, I spent 45 minutes or so digging through my Facebook timeline. This took quite a while and I had to be choosy, since the internet at home is too slow to tackle multiple months at a time. I'm still not sure what I think about the timeline... but change is inevitable, I have nothing on the internet that is condemning or that I'm ashamed of, and if someone wants to dig through years of wall posts, they can go on ahead and fix their priorities tomorrow.

This is what I've learned about myself.
  1. I used to use a snobbish amount of big words in complex sentence structures. When there was absolutely no reason for it. Goodness gracious.
  2. I once was on the vague, emotional status train. I guess when one exchanges Xanga for Facebook, there's bound to be a bit of angst carry over for a while.
  3. MSA meant a lot to me and shaped me quite a bit, even if it's packed away in my life's closet.
  4. My faith took an incredible turn when I went to college.
  5. I can see how much certain relationships and events were bad for me, although I couldn't see that at the time. Still, because of how much they affected me and made my grow, I am extremely thankful that I went through, however blind I was.
  6. I'm extremely glad that my mom and I get along now.
  7. People change so much. And this is a good thing. Imagine if we were all like we were in 2005!
  8. High school was much more full of drama than I remembered, and I thought that I had remembered a lot of it.
  9. I was a Broadway dork during the college transition.
  10. I am so loved. So, so, so loved... 
I am at peace with who I was.
I am a healthy mix of content and discontent with who I am.
I am excited to see who I become.

0 comments to What the Facebook timeline has achieved.

Post a Comment