MY RECITAL IS ON SUNDAY!
And I'm not even really nervous, which I can't help but think is a bad thing. I so rarely get stage fright, though... I did have a little bubble of "holy crap" right before I went on for the dress rehearsal, and I'm sure that it'll sink in sometime on Friday that this giant item on my to-do list is actually about to happen. Speaking of the dress rehearsal, that went well. My timpani solo was a train wreck, but the problems with it are identified and are easily fixed. My dress - oh goodness, my dress. I hadn't tried it on since June. I figured that, being empire-waist, I'd be fine. My ribs aren't going to lose weight. Well, they didn't, but my bustline did and my dress was falling off when I put it on! I was freaking out because I didn't want to have safety pins on my dress for the recital, so I called my seamstress. Let me just pause and say that Melody Blair is an incredible woman. She's leaving for a month's stay in Italy on Monday and Tuesday (rehearsal day) was the last day that she was going to take orders. I call her, she instantly remembered my dress and occasion and story, and I told her my predicament. Are you still at Charles Johnson Theatre? she asks. Wow, I think, I didn't even tell her where I was, this woman is powerful. She comes by after my rehearsal at 9:45 to pick up my dress, which she'll have done by Friday. She's having to take in three inches! I'm making her a billion cookies and maybe mentally buying her a new car.
Along with the three inches, I had my month weigh-in yesterday and I clocked in at 173 - I only have around 15 more pounds to go! My goal jean size - 10 - has already been met, although I'm quite alright moving into 8's if that happens as I lose those 15. I am 0.1 away from a healthy BMI for my age and height, although I'll probably always be on the larger end of that range because of the muscle tone I've been developing. Last weekend, my long run was 8.46 at a 10:36 pace, which is just fine for long runs. The problem is, it's getting cold now. Technically, I was supposed to go running this morning. I stepped outside and chickened out. I have time to run tonight, so I'll still get my run in. I'm a pansy... but my thought is, after Daylight Saving Time this Sunday, it'll be light out again when I go for my runs, and just having the sun out will make a world of difference. It'll get dark again, but gradually, so I'll get accustomed to it.
I've had a bad case of senioritis this week. I am completely over most of the teachers, most of the procedures, most of the crappy building and equipment... although I still love my friends and classmates, I'll be honest. I'm going to miss that, but no sentimentality for now. Band has been frustrating lately; there's a very apparent power struggle going on, which I would fight more but I'll be at week out in a few days and can't be moved enough to actually do anything about it.
0 comments to Strike Two!