The recital was absolutely fantastic!
I am absolutely floored by the outpouring of support. The drumline, friends from Living Hope, parents of friends, multiple music teachers... I have been nostalgic lately about leaving. As much as this department frustrates me, I've found my best friends and my true support system here, and I'm going to be sad to leave it. Some of my friends wrote little notes of love and I teared up so much reading them. I want my four girls with me all of the time. Those are going to be some of the hardest good-byes.
My youngest brother, Mark, didn't come. He went to a Chiefs football game, and I was very hurt by that, but to be fair, my family didn't fully understand the importance of the today. I had tried to explain it before, but I suppose that it didn't come across. I know that Mark still loves me. It still hurts a bit, but if I step in their shoes, I understand.
The recital itself went really well. I did drop a timpani stick - damnit... - but I played it off just fine and I almost feel as if that's a bigger tribute to my professionalism and musicality than simply playing through the piece! I looked incredible. Xan looked incredible. Our help was incredible.
And on top of all of that, I'm done! I AM DONE WITH MY SENIOR RECITAL! Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap...
I am just... so... touched by the amount of people there, by the love and support...
I'm ready to leave. I truly am. But I am going to miss certain things so much.
0 comments to Senior Recital