I practiced today. How awesome would it be if that was a regular thing? Then I'd never say it. It'd be like going to the bathroom. I go the bathroom every single day, and unless something ridiculous happens, I can promise you that I will never tell you about it. Today was the first day that I've practiced since... well... all of June. I know! And I wish I could say that I had some sort of viable excuse. I kind of do. Music Camp was going on and not only did I only have one hour a day in which I could practice, but the studio was a absolute disaster. Still, June was going to be my month to practice a ton and prepare for drumline a ton. I did get prep work for drumline done, but I didn't practice. I didn't even give much thought at all to my senior recital, other than pick out a weekend that I would prefer. It's so hard to get back into a habit when you've slipped out of it. I would make up the lamest excuses for why I didn't practice on any given day. Pathetic excuses. But since I was the only one who had to buy into them, I did. Ugh... this needs to change. And it has started to change today. And it's going to continue. Huzzah.
Last week killed my body. I increased my daily runs from 1.2 miles to 2.5, which was fine for the first few days, but when I coupled that with working out at Curves every day plus being on my feet for hours at work, I was just worn out. I got incredibly lightheaded and faint after my Curves workout on Friday, which confused me because I drink plenty of water and I eat breakfast before I do my workouts and yes, I have been eating enough. I talked to the coach there at the gym, and apparently, the Curves workout is really designed to be done three days a week on alternating days. Basically, I haven't been giving my body the breaks that it needs in order to recuperate. So, my routine is going to change. Since I run with Hannah on Sundays and she's a much stronger runner than I, she pushes me quite a bit and those are going to be my hard run days. I will work out at Curves either Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday, depending on how my schedule is panning out that week. On Curves days, I'll run my 1.2 mile route in the morning like I had been, which has become a quick little jog that still gets my heart pumping. On non-Curves days, I'll run the 2.5 miles. I can take one day off from running each week.
I'm not sure how my routine is going to change once my last set of summer classes start again. That class is at 7:30 AM, which wasn't a problem in May when the temperatures were pretty nice and I could run later in the day. But now, it's pretty hot and humid by 8:30 AM. I'm running at 7:00 AM now, but that won't work with classes. Should I try to get up earlier and run at, oh, 6:30 AM or so? Ugh... but in all reality, I know that I can do that. And if I can form that habit now, maybe I could keep it and run before my 8:00 AM classes next semester. I'm still figuring out my workout routine for when school starts, but that's another can of worms.
I'm thinking out loud at this point. But anyways... I practiced.
0 comments to I Practiced