Let's Get It Started, Ha.

Posted by Kat On Thursday, April 28, 2011 0 comments
The first post on a blog is always weird. Do I describe myself? Chances are, you already know me... and if not, that's what the "About Me" page is for. Do I explain why I'm blogging in the first place? The answer is rather vague, and what I can determine about it is explained in the "Why I'm Blogging" thing on the side, like it is on most blogs. Do I just jump in with what's going on in my life and in my head? I suppose...

The spring semester of the junior year. Everyone says that this is the hardest semester for a music major. I'm not entirely sure if that's true for me, since I've taken a few classes out of order in my effort to become an adult as soon as possible, but I really, really hope that it doesn't get any harder. I want to open a fortune cookie that says "You have just finished the hardest four months of your life." I'd appreciate that. And then I'd eat the cookie. You know it's been a hard semester when a straight-A, overachiever, perfectionist student might possibly get her first C ever. The final grade isn't up yet, but I had my breakdown over the phone with Mom when a giant project grade got put up and dropped me 9%. What professor changes the rubric to a giant project a few days before it's due? I thought I was being smart, getting it done two weeks early. Preparation bit me in the butt. Good to know.

Hannah, Laura, and I. This just makes me itch for summer.


Ah, but I should stop before I either tear up or punch something out of bitterness.

I'm one Wind Symphony tour away from experiencing my last summer as a student, and as if that isn't weird enough to think about, I'm going to be spending most of it all by myself since my roommate, Laura, is doing an internship/field experience thing at a camp in Texas. I'm super excited for her! Me, I'm going to be taking a handful of classes, working at Subway, smelling like Subway, practicing for my senior recital, prepping for leading a drumline, working out, training for a 5K soon and a 10K later, skydiving with my best friend and boyfriend, Keith... I have a list of things I want/need to accomplish this summer in my little blue journal. I'm a big list person. That's why I'm putting a few of my items on the sidebar - so that I can not only get the satisfaction of manually crossing them off in one spot but also deleting them in another spot.

Regardless of that, I've never been so ready for a summer to start. I'm ready to move out of this cinder block of a house and into something with significantly lower utility bills. I'm ready to have some space. I'm ready to do things on my own timeline. I'm ready to pursue things that I never quite have the time to do during the school year. I'm ready to not have tests or lessons or projects for three months. This semester burned me out, so I'm ready to perk back up again.

0 comments to Let's Get It Started, Ha.

Post a Comment