Although all humans are creatures of habit, I think that we all need it and revert to it to difference degrees. I enjoy spontaneous things and surprises and filling a day with things just because it seems fun at the moment, but I am a big user of schedules and calendars and routine. I like planning, I like knowing things well in advance. I think it makes me appreciate the special random moments more, but I openly admit that I'm probably a tad OCD about it all. A perfect example of this is that it is now summer. Summer! The season of student freedom. And I... have a daily schedule. Not so much a schedule as a routine that seems to fit into a timeline, although it's not tied to it and it normally just consists of a morning. It kind of makes me laugh at the ridiculousness of it, but I know I won't give it up most days. I thought I'd share.
6:30 AM - wake up, brush teeth, take vitamins and medicine, check e-mail, water plants, change into gym clothes
7:00 AM - drive to Sunrise Park, run
8:00 AM - stretch, cool off with water and a banana, find a spot in the park to journal
9:00 AM - drive to Fine Arts, practice
10:30 AM - drive to Curves, workout
11:00 AM - drive to apartment, take a quick rinse shower, make myself presentable
11:30 AM - fix and eat a light lunch
12:30 PM to 2:30 PM - run errands, buy groceries, handle mails
2:30 PM to 9:30 PM - this is the part where I do whatever I want =)
9:30 PM - take a glorious shower, get ready for bed
10:30 PM - go to bed
Now, of course, different things change this. Like my work schedules, for example, and various church functions. But generally... this is it. This is the schedule that I gradually drifted towards because I'm Katherine Famuliner and I apparently have to have a routine.
0 comments to Routine